Sunday, September 5, 2010













Its been another wild and soggy journey through Washington state to my next resupply point at Snoqualmie Pass.The PCT crosses under Interstate 90 at Snoqualmie Pass, and is just under an hours drive from the Seattle suburb of Bellevue, Washington. Linda and her daughter Cathy, both of which I met last Thanksgiving while roadtrippin cross country, live in Bellevue, and also, been following my trek from Mexico. Linda met me today at the interstate with snacks and drinks and a ride to her place for an overnight visit. Boat and Golden Child tagged along as well after having walked past my camp last night and on to Snoqualmie overnight. They're insane! That made for 58 miles in 24 hours that I was happy to decline their offer to join in on. The two of them, are now sleeping in Linda's basement, after having showers, soaking in a jet bubble bath tub, drying gear out on the deck and ejoying an amazing homecooked meal. Linda had planned for some dirty stinky hiker trash to come into her clean house, so she had towels for showers ready, laudry ready to go and even blue booties to wear over our nasty feet in her house before we could get cleaned up. The meal included Linda's famous beef stew with biscuits and fresh salad, plus a surprise for dessert: a chocolate cake in honor of my upcoming birthday in two weeks! Thanks so much Linda and Cathy for spoiling me before returning to the wet trail tomorrow afternoon. 263 more miles to trail's end at Manning Provincial Park in British Columbia, Canada. Included above are pictures of my birthday cake, Boat, Golden Child, Linda and myself and us hikers in our blue booties. Happy Trails

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, i finally found the post with my Mom's house in it! That sounds JUST like my mother...

Zak, I had fun reading your blog. Sad to hear it all had to end on the other side of the country, but congrats on making it through the PCT!